Translate

Friday, March 4, 2016

Snack attack.

Croquettes were the rage when I was young.
Mother would fry all kinds, in a mixed version, or individually.
If she had too much of any vegetable, or herbs, this is how she cleaned the refrigerator.

Nowadays, I rarely eat or make such goodies. But, if I expect company, I know my friends will help me with every little bite.

Ingredients:
1C fresh vegetables, cooked vegetables,  or fresh herbs, cut in bite size pieces;
1 C flour or pancake mix;
1 Egg;
Milk, just enough to achieve the consistency of mashed potatoes
salt and pepper

Mix the ingredients together, and let the concoction sit in the refrigerator for one hour or so.
Just before you want to serve the croquettes, heat two-three inches of vegetable oil until a drop of the mix sizzles.
Scoop one or two tablespoons and run a test run. If the oil is too hot the croquette will brown too fast. Taste the first one before cooking the rest. You may need to adjust for taste as well.
Drain on paper towels and keep warm until ready to eat.

Serve with a dressing made of yogurt, lemon zest, mint  and olive oil. Enjoy as appetizers or snacks.


1 comment:

  1. This great. Thanks. I'm quite hungry as it happens. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete