Translate

Friday, August 10, 2012

Instead of potato chips.




Normally, I have plenty of artichokes this time of the year. (Not this year!)

But summer is all about small bites and fried artichokes with a garlic aioli are delightful morsels.

Trim your small artichokes by removing the hard leaves. Cut them in half and remove the fuzzy part.
Par boil in an acidulated  water for five minutes and drain well.

Then,  dip the the small half chokes in flour and fry in hot oil for a couple of minutes until golden brown. Drain well. Add salt while still hot and serve hot with bowls of aioli.

If you have big chokes, remove most of the leaves and fry only the soft ones.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. I wonder if I can grow artichokes here in Michigan. I do love those little hearts. I think they need a longer warmer growing season. Well....what am I saying? That's probably us now or in the near future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious but I'm a fan of fried foods although making an effort to keep them a minimal part of my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. I love artichokes. This sounds delicious. I wish I could grow them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love artichokes but I cannot seem to entice my husband to enjoy them! :-(

    ReplyDelete