Translate

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pizza Night!



Home Made Pizza hot out of the oven!

To get a really fresh pizza designed to your nutritional needs, you need to learn a few things.
Making pizza at home may be too much trouble for most people. But, making a pizza that fits your dietary needs is worth the time and effort.

The dough: Flour, water, salt, and yeast.
The classing toppings: tomatoes, cheese, olive oil and herbs.
Add or subtract as you wish!

The secret?  Spreading the dough on parchment paper and then sliding it on to a pizza paddle and on  a pre-heated pizza stone at 500F for 15-20 minutes. 
When the pizza is  done, slide the pizza by pulling the parchment paper onto the paddle.

What if you don't have a paddle?

Use an upside down cookie sheet! The trick is to cook the dough on a VERY Hot Stone.

Next time, I'll tell you how to save some dough in a jar for the next time you want to bake. 

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Love making homemade pizza, and always appreciate some tips! I have used parchment paper before, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my do they know how lucky they are to have you? bless your pizza heart
    and yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love your homemade pizza! Thanks for the tip about the parchment paper. Have a Happy Easter, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tips -- never thought of parchment paper! Can hardly wait for your advice on making and preserving dough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seldom have pizza, not sure why as I love it!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. I'll try it the next time I make pizza. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete