8 lemons, washed and dried
1/2 C salt
sterilized 1 quart jar
Pour 2 T salt into the bottom of the jar.
2. Cut the tip and the ends from the lemons exposing some of the white pith.
3. Quarter the lemons from top to bottom stopping just before the end leaving the quarters attached.
4. Generously sprinkle salt all over the inside of the lemons.
5. Pack the lemons into the jar so tight that the juice is squeezed from them and fills up the jar.
6.Seal the jar and let sit at room temperature for three days, flipping every once in a while.
7. Move the jar to the fridge and let sit for a minimum of three weeks, flipping daily.
8.When ready to use, rinse the lemons and remove the pulp before slicing and chopping for use.
This recipe comes from http://closetcooking.com Visit Kevin for delicious recipes!
I'll be trying his Chicken Tagine utilizing some preserved lemons I've made.