Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Celebrate Chinese New Year!

O.k, not anything Chinese just yet. But, a fresh fish lends itself to a marvelous meal.
I will clean and keep mine whole, head and all.
I will fill its cavity with slices of ginger, garlic, green onions and cilantro.
After sprinkling some salt and pepper, little oil and soy sauce, the trout will bake in a hot oven until tender and crispy on the outside.

With sticky rice and stir-fried vegetables, this trout will grace our Chinese New Year table.  Fortune cookies anyone?

How are you celebrating Chinese New Year? 

10 comments:

  1. We don't have a very large Asian population in my town; I wasn't even aware it was Chinese New Year. We'll have to get some Chinese takeout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to travel sixty miles to get to an Asian restaurant! My daughter in law tends to remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow for our daycare lunch, we will share homemade (by us in the morning) wontons in chicken broth, as well as some spring rolls, rice and some green tea! With some fortune cookies for dessert...And then we will fill red envelopes with chocolate coins to take home to Mom and Dad...for our family, we will share in a large Lunar New Year party on Saturday with our neighbours...Complete with a Rabbit ice sculpture! Kung Hay Fat Choy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to admit, I may skip it this year ;(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I want to visit Kim's daycare! I love chinese food and make passable fare but am always looking for a good resturant. We hadn't planned on celebrating the Chinese New Year but it is a good excuse to go get some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went with my friends to the Chinese restaurant. Russian people like to celebrate this holiday. they usually meet with friends and relatives. and speak each other "Happy New" ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh well now, that sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and healthy way to prepare your trout. Happy new year.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting site, I like the topics and issues you discuss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Chinese New Year!! At work the librarian read chinese stories to the children then they did rabbit crafts - I sneakily listened while I was supposed to be doing my work!!

    ReplyDelete