The recipe is adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine, a marvelous food blog that delivers amazing surprises. Check it out:http:thecafesucrefarine.com
Fontina and Goat Cheese Tart w/Crispy Hash Brown Crust
3oz of spinach or arugula (I used 6oz Swiss chard, and it worked great)
2Tb butter, softened, plus more for the pan
1lb package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
8 large eggs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 C half and half (I had whipping cream and it worked fine)
6 oz grated Fontina cheese ( I didn't have Fontina; I used mozzarella)
2oz goat cheese, crumbled (goat cheese crumbles easily if you freeze for 20')
4 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions: (It really is important to follow each step carefully)
1. Place spinach on a plate and sprinkle lightly with water; cover and cook for one min. Let it cool.
2. Preheat oven to 375
3. Spray a 9x2.1/2inch springfoarm pan with cooking spray, then brush with sftened butter. Line the sides of the pan with strips of parchment paper brush with butter again so the crust can turn golden.
4. Place softened hash browns on a 3-4 thicknesses of paper towels and pat dry.
5. Put hash browns in a bowl with butter, one egg, one teaspoon salt and 1/4 t.pepper. Mix well. Pick up a handful of this mixture and pat the bottom and the sides of the prepared pan. This is the hardest part of the recipe, because how you manage this crust building is what you'll have in the end turning gold on you, and looking spectacular.
6. Place cooled vegetables on paper towels and pat dry.
Now, to read the rest of the recipe, you must visit the source. Go on. It's totally worth your time;
Tell Chris I've sent you to get some indulgence...