Friday, November 26, 2010
A few post-Thanksgiving hints to deal with life after the eating frenzy. Here they are:
1. Add dried herbs to your salt shaker. (You'll use less salt!)
2. Take a long walk for every piece of pie you eat.
3. Vegetables leftovers? Add salad dressing, shake, and keep in refrigerator to eat at leisure.
4. Eat nothing but vegetables and legumes for the rest of the week.
5. Cut up, and freeze your leftover turkey the way you intend to use it: cubes for soups and casseroles, slices for sandwiches. Put the rest, bones and tidbits in a pot with lots of water, lots of root vegetables and let it simmer until it is soup. Discard the bones, eat the veggies and freeze the stock in small batches to use on those days when adding turkey stock will liven up your meals.